iBuild Showcase Overview
The iBuild Showcase is an annual exposition at which time students have an opportunity to actively connect with industry professionals and learn how they chose their fields of endeavor. This program demonstrates the wide array of careers that are connected to this industry.
During recent iBuild events, thousands of students attended, of which 32% were young women and 42% minorities. Participating students represent nearly all the school districts in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
While at iBuild, students and teachers participate in activities such as, but not limited to:
- 3-D computer modeling (BIM)
- Computer-aided drafting (CAD)
- Heavy equipment operation
- Computerized equipment simulators
- Hands-on activities with several of KC's skilled trades